Nik has been doing so well lately, now that one of his ABA tutors quit, and we have had a couple stress-free mornings. He is doing better in his social skills class, his regular preschool, and his OT. All the teachers have mentioned it to me. This cannot be a coincidence.
So now my dilemma is this: do I cancel ABA altogether? If I do, I lose a service that other families are waiting 6 to 12 months for, and what if it will help him in the long run? But then, its not helping right now, and actually having a negative impact. So, either I dump it altogether, or I ask them to do a drastically (for them) modified program that is heavy on play. If they agree to that, it might be worth holding onto.
Regardless, I told the consultant not to hurry in trying to find a replacement. We are enjoying the time off.